Thursday, October 24, 2013

Fujifilm X-pro1 - the joy of the XF14mm f/2.8R wide angle lens!

So, finally I had some more time to test my newest purchase, the Fujifilm XF 14mm f/2.8R wide angle lens for my X-Pro1. The 14mm on Fuji's execellent X-trans crop sensor equals 21mm on a full frame sensor. This was the first time I had a full day to play with this lens. After using a 10-22mm wide angle zoom on my Canon 7D for some years, it was actually liberating to work with only one focal lenght!

Today I used a f/22 aperture for most of my shots to create a biggest depth of field possible, from 1 meter (3 feet) to infinity. On my Canon wide angle zoom I lose some sharpness when using such a small aperture, but being a single focal lenght lens - and with Fujifilms reputation with their XF lenses, I wasn't all that worried. And, I was right. The files looked real good when I opened them in Lightroom 5. All shots done in RAW format, processed in Lightroom 5 with VSCO film pack 4.












And here's my beloved Fujifilm X-pro1, with the XF 14mm f/2.8R lens, Benro tripod and cable release.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.